Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thoughts on Technology

I've had lots of people ask me "what makes that so much better?" "why do you use that brand?" and many more questions about technology. I also get the person who hates anything but his old typewriter, well okay maybe not the typewriter, but you get the idea. Why does it seem that people draw a line in the sand about technology. Either live with it, or without it and that final? Well I have always lived with as much technology around me as I can. I am all for letting technology help me in my life any and every way I can. The polar opposite of this is of course the guy or girl who doesn't have an e-mail address, doesn't have a cell phone, has a computer but doesn't use it for anything, reads a actual paper. Okay the last one is still a useful way of getting news. but you see my point. We have come into an ever growing world of technology and that technology is what drives all the things we do in our daily lives.

I will be the first one to tell you. I almost go into a panic state if I forget my iPhone someplace or if the battery dies and I can't get to a charger soon. Being disconnected from the world makes me crazy. Not knowing if I have received a e-mail, not knowing if a twitter update or reply has come in. Sounds silly, but that is how half of my life is lived. I say half because in my field of work, e-mail and twitter and sometimes facebook are all ways I do business and get work done. I have just gotten a Google voice number as well and skype is being more of a tool to me then ever before (Google voice review coming soon).

Technology is only going to expand and grow every day, and even every hour. We can not escape technology and it will only prove to help our lives as we move forward towards the future.

3 comments:

  1. Can I rant a little here and just say that instead of the ridiculous "ipad" apple could have made the iPhone better?? I am constantly frustrated by the fact I can't access the Internet like I want to. Many major websites still don't have iPhone apps and I am thwarted every day in trying to watch a video that requires flash player. Someone hear my cry and do something!! :) there, I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous:

    I totally agree with you.I'll be the first to say I don't agree with how apple has done things the past few years. Apple is over charging their products for no reason and they do not perform to what we need for the everyday need. I run my iPhone jailbroken, which gives me some extra ways around apples locked down phone. I don't get everything I want, but every little bit helps.

    I am looking to change phones and possibly carrier as well Apple is cool, but for what I want and need to do they just don't step up to the plate. I'm currently looking into Android and from what I can tell, its very quickly going to overtake the cell phone market and give you all the things you want and it works great.

    Hope this helps.
    ~T3kg33k

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to blog again? Ha ha

    ReplyDelete